Volteface is an advocacy organisation which seeks to reduce the harm drugs pose to individuals and society, through evidence-based policy and reform.
7 Reasons to Legalise Cannabis
- Take an estimated £2.5 billion a year out of the hands of criminals and the black market and bring this money into the regular economy.
- Allow the authorities to label the strength of cannabis sold and control the potency.
- Create estimated tax revenues of £1 billion per year which can be spent on public services.
- Reduce children’s access to cannabis by introducing legal age limits for cannabis use.
- Shrink the size of the illicit cannabis market and its associated violence and exploitation.
- Free up police resources that can be used to prevent and solve more serious crimes.
- Criminalising people who consume cannabis ruins life chances and creates barriers to accessing help and support.
Subscribe to Our Mailing List